Salveez Skincare Ltd is jointly owned and managed by Heather Murphy and Ana Tomari
Ana and Heather met in 2005. Realising they had the same ethics and goals for all things natural, they decided to amalgamate their strengths and skills, going into business to provide natural skin products for the market.
Salveez Skincare Ltd was born..............
Driven to share the success of alleviating her daughter's eczema with the world, Ana is interested in helping heal skin conditions naturally. As a mother of three, she has seen the benefits that gentle natural remedies can have for children and adults alike. The demand for Salveez from friends and family, then the wider circle, lead to the inspiration to forge ahead and create this business.
The story to Salveez began six years ago not long after the birth of our daughter. A few spots at 8 weeks soon developed into full blown severe facial eczema. After a very long journey to get a diagnosis we discovered that multiple food allergies were the cause of the eczema. Another equally long period of time passed taking actions recommended by specialists. The emulsifying lotion, steroid, wet wraps nightmares. Our search for a natural remedy lead to trying every cream under the sun and eventually to making up a cream from an ancient herbal recipe that worked and Salveez was born. After worrying that she would be scarred for lifetime, now nobody even knows she is an eczema sufferer! Below is a list of the combined treatment that worked for our daughter, hope it may help someone else out there!
1. Use Salveez as often as needed. It stops the itch, thereby breaking the cycle and it's thick consistency acts as a barrier while the herbs aid the skin's natural healing processes.
2. Get an allergy test asap!
3. For babies, toddlers who are allergy sufferers try going organic - we saw the difference easily as our daughter only had to grasp a non-organic banana and get an itchy palm. While eating non-organic rice you could see her turning red in front of you, not so with organic rice.
4. The emulsifying lotion aggravated her condition.
5. Use only environmentally-friendly cleaning products throughout your house.
6. All cotton bedding and clothing for babies. Avoid synthetic fabrics and polyprops.
7. Oat baths did seem to soothe.
Heather is an organic gardener and a trained chef. Her passion for natural ingredients extends to not only what you put in your body but what you put on your body too. Heather's love for animals took her to work at the SPCA as a dog handler. At home with her own pets if the Salveez jar comes out, the dogs follow and willingly lie down to receive their salve! A testament in itself. Her financial background adds an essential element to the team.
Salveez Skincare Ltd
PO Box 6688
Marion Sq PO
Wellington, 6141, New Zealand